578xx Series Ethernet Controllers
The Cavium™ FastLinQ® 578xx Series Ethernet Controllers are Cavium’s sixth generation of Converged Network Controllers. They boast industry-leading offloaded iSCSI ad FCoE performance—achieving up to quad-port, line-rate, 10Gbps Fibre Channel over Ethernet throughput—at extremely low CPU utilization with full hardware offloads. In addition, the controllers support simultaneous LAN (TCP/IP), SAN (FCoE-Offload and iSCSI-Offload) traffic at line rate, 10Gbps Ethernet (GbE) speeds. This extreme performance eliminates potential I/O bottlenecks in today’s powerful multiprocessor, multicore servers.
OverviewCavium industry-leading IOPs performance makes the 578xx Series controllers ideal for file- and block-based storage controller applications. The ability to support 10GbE multiple protocols, Switch Independent NIC Partitioning (NPAR), SR-IOV, NVGRE/VXLAN Offloads simultaneously on the same hardware offers multi-tenancy flexibility, which is ideal for private and public cloud environments.
- 10GbE per-port maximum throughput for high bandwidth converged storage (SAN) and networking traffic
- Over 2,600,000 FCoE-offload and over 1,500,000 iSCSI-offload IOPS per device reduce latency in high transaction intensive applications and virtualized environments
- Reduced hardware, cabling, and management costs by enabling simultaneous TCP/IP, FCoE-Offload, and iSCSI-Offload on one controller
- Flexible network port configurations with a rich mix of 10GbE options
- 57800 – Both dual-port 1GbE and dual port 10GbE on the same device
- 57810 – Dual-port 10GbE device
- 57811 – Single-port 10GbE device
- 57840 – Dual-port 10GbE/20GbE or quad port 10GbE device