Cavium™ and Partners to Demonstrate a Range of Efficient, Secure and Scalable Datacenter and Networking Infrastructure Solutions at COMPUTEX 2017
COMPUTEX, TAIPEI, TAIWAN and SAN JOSE, CA – May 29, 2017 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable secure and intelligent processing for enterprise, datacenter, cloud, wired and wireless networking, will demonstrate the company’s latest product innovations at COMPUTEX 2017, in Taipei, Taiwan from May 30th – June 3rd, at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Cavium’s suite 2412.
In an increasingly complex technology landscape, Cavium™ distinguishes itself by providing a rich and diverse product portfolio for all infrastructure segments, including datacenters, cloud, virtualization, security and networking.
Cavium’s ThunderX & ThunderX2™ 64–bit ARMv8-based family of processors feature high performance custom cores, single and dual socket configurations, high memory capacity & bandwidth, integrated hardware accelerators for networking, storage, and security along with highest level of I/O throughput and scalability. They are fully compliant with ARMv8-A architecture specifications as well as ARM’s SBSA and SBBR standards, and widely supported by industry-leading OS, Hypervisor and Software tool and application vendors. Various ODM & OEM ThunderX & ThunderX2 platforms targeting cloud & HPC workloads will be on display.
Cavium‘s XPliant® Ethernet switch family is the first to deliver a high throughput programmable datacenter switching solution that is in production and shipping today. Platforms based on the XPliant Ethernet switch family leverage its flexible control of table resources and pipeline logic to meet the specific needs of the network architecture and while providing unprecedented packet visibility and telemetry. In addition to programmability, the XPliant family of Ethernet switches architecture offers a fully centralized shared dynamically allocated packet buffer to absorb large packet bursts and provide advanced traffic management functions. Various ODM and OCP compliant platforms will be on display running various network operating systems.
Cavium’s OCTEON Fusion–M®, the industry‘s most comprehensive Radio Access Network (RAN) offerings, enabling Macro and Micro Cells, Intelligent Remote Radio Heads, and NFV and Cloud RAN solutions. The CNF75xx and CNF73xx processor families support 2G / 3G / 4G and emerging 5G standards.
Cavium's OCTEON TX™ is a complete line of 64-bit ARM-based SoCs for control plane and data plane applications in networking, security, and storage. The OCTEON TX expands the addressability of Cavium's embedded products into control plane application areas within enterprise, service provider, datacenter networking and storage that need support of extensive software ecosystem and virtualization features. This product line is also optimized to run multiple concurrent data and control planes simultaneously for security and router appliances, NFV and SDN infrastructure, service provider CPE, wireless transport, NAS, storage controllers, IOT gateways, printer and industrial applications.
Cavium’s FastLinQ® Ethernet adapters support 10Gb/25Gb/40Gb/100Gb speeds and are ideally suited for enterprise–class datacenters, public and private clouds, managed service providers and telco deployments as well as storage applications. The feature rich family of adapters supports Universal RDMA with RoCE/RoCEv2 & iWARP, server virtualization with NPAR and SR–IOV, network tunneling with VXLAN, NVGRE and GENEVE, network storage with iSCSI, FCoE & NVMe-oF™ and improves cloud/telco efficiency with DPDK support.
The following Cavium and Partner product demonstrations will be shown during the week of Computex at the Grand Hyatt hotel, suite 2412:
- ThunderX/ThunderX2: 64–bit ARMv8 Workload Optimized processors:
- ThunderX/ThunderX2 running Cloud Applications on various ODM platforms
- XPliant® Ethernet Switch Family:
- XPliant-based production platforms from various customers will be on display, including the S5160 Series from Arista and SLX series from Brocade.
- Various XPliant-based ODM and OCP compliant switch platforms showing various form factors such as “32x100G” and “48x25G + 6x100G” will be on display.
- Demonstration of various Network Operating Systems (NOS) such as SONiC from Microsoft, PicOS from Pica8 and open source NOS OpenSwitch (OPX) running on OCP AS7512-32X open network 100GE datacenter platform by Edgecore Networks.
- Demonstration of Interoperability between Cavium's XPliant CNX880xx and MACOM’s ES200 MACsec PHY, transporting wire-rate 100GbE MACsec encrypted traffic over QSFP28 100G optics.
- OCTEON TX: 64-bit ARMv8 Embedded Multicore Processors:
- High performance DPDK IPsec security applications.
- The OCTEON TX CN81XX IoT gateway/router reference design.
- Various low power fan-less ODM platforms for SD-WAN and NFV.
- Openwrt and partner VNF software.
- OCTEON Fusion–M:
- The recently announced CNF73xx single chip micro BTS reference design.
- The Facebook Telecom Infra Project (TIP) 4G OpenCellular basestation with:
- OCTEON Fusion CNF7130 baseband processor.
- Cavium’s open source LTE software.
- Cloud RAN implementation.
- OCTEON Fusion–M Remote Radio Head.
- ThunderX Virtual Base Band Unit.
- Cavium’s LTE split stack software.
- Cavium FastLinQ Ethernet Adapters:
- Latest 10/25/50/100Gb controller based OCP adapters.
- Low latency Universal RDMA.
- NVMe storage over iWARP showcasing best in class IOPs and latency.
To schedule a meeting with Cavium, please contact your local sales account manager or Lilly Ly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please enter Meeting Request at Computex 2017 in the subject line.
Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), offers a broad portfolio of infrastructure solutions for compute, security, storage, switching, connectivity and baseband processing. Cavium’s highly integrated multi-core SoC products deliver software compatible solutions across low to high performance points enabling secure and intelligent functionality in Enterprise, Datacenter and Service Provider Equipment. Cavium processors and solutions are supported by an extensive ecosystem of operating systems, tools, application stacks, hardware reference designs and other products. Cavium is headquartered in San Jose, CA with design centers in California, Massachusetts, India, Israel, China and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Tel: (408) 943-7417