Cavium™ to Demonstrate Solutions for Cloud Infrastructure and Scale-Out Applications at OpenStack Summit Tokyo
ThunderX and LiquidIO II Help Maximize Performance Per Dollar Per Watt for Key Volume Compute, Storage, Secure Compute and Networking Workloads
SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct 27, 2015 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking, will demonstrate ThunderX and LiquidIO II based solutions for private and public cloud infrastructure and scale out applications at the OpenStack Summit in Tokyo. The OpenStack Summit is a four-day conference for developers, users, and administrators of OpenStack Cloud Software and is held from Tuesday October 27th through Thursday October 29th.
Cavium™ Product Highlights and Demonstrations (Booth T31)
Cavium’s LiquidIO II Intelligent Server adapters fully support and seamlessly integrate OpenStack software. This functionality includes:
- Providing value-add functionality for application acceleration, network configuration and provisioning, security, and isolation in multi-tenant compute clusters.
- Accelerating network performance in cloud data centers for Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) applications by offloading Open vSwitch with various server virtualization techniques.
- Providing security acceleration and support for overlay networks, IPsec encryption, DPI for application recognition and dynamic service chaining.
- Cloud configuration, provisioning and management utilizing OpenStack API services/ plugins and support SDN controllers including OpenDaylight and Floodlight. Cavium’s product demonstration will include LiquidIO II offloading (OVS and IPsec) with OpenStack Cloud OS network acceleration and provisioning.
Cavium’s ThunderX ARMv8 based workload optimized processor integrates key capabilities that are critical for the most demanding Public and Private Cloud workloads:
- Fully integrated I/O including 10G and 40G Ethernet, PCIe Gen3 and SATAv3. ThunderX delivers full bandwidth and low latency across all of these interfaces.
- virtSOC™ technology delivers full system virtualization and SR-IOV capable IO. Hypervisor support for both KVM and Xen are fully enabled.
- Integrated security, networking and storage hardware accelerators. Easily enabled with standard kernel and library interfaces these hardware accelerators provide significant performance improvements for key cloud workloads such as secure compute, NFV, Cloud Storage and Big Data/Analytics.
- Support for industry standard server class software including UEFI and ACPI along with upstream support in the Linux Kernel, GCC Toolchain and OpenJDK Java.
OpenStack cloud infrastructure enables end users to fully utilize ThunderX features for critical workloads such as cloud storage with CEPH, Apache Hadoop for Big Data Analytics, distributed data bases such as MySQL and Cassandra and web serving with NGINX. ThunderX is also optimized for networking specific workloads such as Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
To schedule a meeting with Cavium, please contact your local sales account manager or Lilly Ly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please enter Meeting Request at OpenStack Tokyo in the subject line.
About Cavium, Inc.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 100Mbps to 100Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
For additional information, contact:
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager,
Cavium, 2315 N. First Street,
San Jose CA 95131,
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417