|Cavium to Showcase Innovations for Set Top Box, Broadband Gateway, and Wireless Display Applications at Broadband World Forum 2011
Celestial™, ECONA™ and PureVu™ processor-based solutions ideal for broadband access, media processing and high-definition video distribution
PARIS and SAN JOSE, Calif. September 27, 2011 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, will demonstrate industry leading set top box, broadband gateway, and wireless display applications based upon Cavium’s Celestial™, ECONA™ and PureVu™ processor families at Broadband World Forum 2011 from September 27th through September 29th in Paris, France.
Cavium’s Celestial Set Top Box processors offer highly integrated and market-leading price-performance technology for Set Top Box and High Definition Multimedia player applications. Cavium's ECONA low power, ARM-based processors are being used by Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs building broadband gateways, network attached storage, cloud expandable storage solutions, media and print servers, and wireless access points. Cavium's PureVu video processors have been designed into wireless, networked high-definition displays and adapters for mobile handsets, PCs, TVs, DVD players and gaming consoles.
Cavium will showcase the following innovative technologies on the show floor in booth L3:
- Cavium’s Hybrid Analog and ISDB-T Set Top Box platform which fully supports PVR functionally on digital and legacy analog broadcasts, running complete middleware with media-player support.
- Interactive DVB-C reference platform running Celestial software and applications including video chat.
- Android–based Gateway design: Android 2.2 enabled gateway to showcase advanced services deployment platform.
- NAS: Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and serving capabilities of the ECONA platform.
- Residential Gateway: Multi-service, high performance gateway demo with media serving, forwarding and wireless access capabilities based on the ECONA platform.
- Cavium’s new universal adapter reference design capable of supporting various wireless display and media distribution protocols including Cavium’s WiVu™, DLNA, and software transmit solutions. This universal adapter is optimally designed to interoperate with a wide range of popular portable consumer devices including smart phones, tablets, and notebook PCs.
- Cavium’s state-of-the-art wireless HDMI adapter reference design consisting of a high performance adapter pair with 1080p60 performance targeted for multi-room, interactive wireless display applications. Key features include Cavium’s industry leading SLL™ (Super Low Latency) compression, adaptive QoS for robust multi-room operation, and low latency USB and IR back-channel for complete user interactivity.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor
products that enable intelligent processing for networking,
communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad
portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors
ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 40 Gbps that enable
secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center,
broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment.
Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners
that provide operating systems, tool support, reference
designs and other services. Cavium’s corporate office
is in San Jose, CA and Cavium has design team locations
in California, Massachusetts, China, India and Taiwan.
For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
For additional information, contact:
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager,
Cavium, 2315 N. First Street,
San Jose CA 95131,
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions and current expectations. Our actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include but are not limited to technological advances; development of new products and technologies; whether Cavium is successful in marketing its products; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Cavium’s business are set forth in the “Risk Factors” section of our Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 5, 2011. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and we assume no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements.
OCTEON®, NITROX®, ECONA™ and PureVu™ are
registered trademarks of Cavium, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective
owners. All rights reserved. © Cavium, Inc. 2011.