|Cavium Announces Financial Results for Q2 2013
SAN JOSE, Calif., July 31, 2013 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, today announced financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2013.
Revenue in the second quarter of 2013 was $74.2 million, a 6.7% sequential increase from the $69.5 million reported in the first quarter of 2013 and a 34.2% year-over-year increase from the $55.3 million reported in the second quarter of 2012.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) Results
Net loss attributable to the Company for the second quarter of 2013, on GAAP basis was $4.3 million, or $(0.08) per diluted share compared to $3.2 million, or $(0.06) per diluted share in the first quarter of 2013. Gross margins were 58.3% in the second quarter of 2013 compared to 62.4% in the first quarter of 2013. Total cash and cash equivalents were $97.6 million at June 30, 2013.
Cavium believes that the presentation of non-GAAP financial measures provides important supplemental information to management and investors regarding financial and business trends relating to Cavium’s financial condition and results of operations. These measures should only be used to evaluate Cavium’s results of operations in conjunction with the corresponding GAAP measures. The reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP financial results is provided in the financial statements portion of this release.
Non-GAAP net income for the second quarter of 2013 was $12.6 million or $0.23 per diluted share, compared with non-GAAP net income of $10.2 million or $0.19 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2013. Gross margins, on a non-GAAP basis, were 65.8% and operating margins (non-GAAP income from operations as a percentage of revenue), on a non-GAAP basis were 18.7% in the second quarter of 2013.
Recent News Highlights
- July 30, 2013 - Altera Demonstrates Interlaken Connectivity with Cavium OCTEON® Multicore Processors
- June 25, 2013 - Industry-Leading Companies Join PLUMgrid's Virtual Network Infrastructure Ecosystem
- June 17, 2013 - Cavium’s New OCTEON III family of processors feature latest Imagination Technologies MIPSr5 architecture
- June 4, 2013 - ASUS Selects Cavium’s PureVu® SoC for its Wireless Display Adapter for ASUS MeMO Pad FHD10 Tablets
- June 3, 2013 - G-cluster and Cavium Enable Cloud Gaming on the TV
- June 3, 2013 - Cavium Announces New Low Power Dual and Quad Core OCTEON® III SoC Processors
- June 3, 2013 - Cavium Introduces TurboSTOR™ for OCTEON® Processors - Complete Out of the Box Software Solution for Network Attached Storage
- June 3, 2013 - Cavium Launches New Production Ready Small Cell Reference Design with Support for Dual Radio Access Technology
- June 3, 2013 - Cavium to Demonstrate a Broad Range of New SoC Solutions for Enterprise, Service Provider and the Digital Home at Computex 2013
- May 14, 2013 - Cavium TurboDPI™ II Software to Accelerate Development of Deep Packet Inspection Solutions on Emerson Network Power Centellis ATCA Systems
- May 7, 2013 - Cavium Introduces LiquidIO™ Family of 10 Gigabit Server Adapters to enable SDN for Cloud and Datacenters
- May 7, 2013 - Qosmos Leverages Latest Generation of OCTEON® II Processors to Deliver High Performance Network Intelligence
- May 6, 2013 - Cavium to Demonstrate Innovative New Silicon and Software Solutions for the Secure Virtualized Enterprise and Cloud at INTEROP 2013
Cavium, Inc. will broadcast its second quarter 2013 financial results conference call today, July 31, 2013, at 2 p.m. Pacific time (5 p.m. Eastern time). The conference call will be available via a live web cast on the investor relations section of the Cavium website at http://www.cavium.com
. Please access the website at least a few minutes prior to the start of the call in order to download and install any necessary audio software. An archived web cast replay of the call will be available on the web site for a limited period of time.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com
OCTEON®, NITROX®, ECONA™ and PureVu™
are registered trademarks of Cavium, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective
owners. All rights reserved. © Cavium, Inc. 2012.