|Cavium to Showcase Industry-Leading Wireless Display and Broadband Gateway Solutions at the 2012 International Consumer Electronic Show
Cavium’s PureVu™, ECONA™ and Celestial™ processors deliver highly innovative and market-leading technologies for the connected digital home
Las Vegas, NV, Jan 10th, 2012 – Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home, will showcase a range of industry-leading wireless display and broadband /multi-media gateway solutions, from Cavium and Tier-1 customers based upon Cavium’s latest PureVu™, ECONA™ and Celestial™ product families at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Cavium's PureVu video processors are designed to enable wireless display capability in TVs, PC monitors, and portable displays, as well as small adaptors for mobile devices including smart phones, tablets and notebook PCs. Cavium's ECONA low-power, ARM-based processors are used by Tier-1 OEMs building broadband gateways, network attached storage, cloud expandable storage, media and print servers, and wireless access points. Cavium’s Celestial processors offer highly-integrated and market-leading price/performance technology for cable, and satellite set top boxes, and high-definition multimedia players.
Cavium’s industry-leading PureVu, ECONA, and Celestial product families will be on display in Cavium’s suite at the Las Vegas Hilton during CES:
- Cavium’s new USB-powered portable wireless display TV adapter reference design optimized for smart phones and tablets, showing interoperability with a range of CE transmit devices supporting Cavium’s WiVu, WiFi Alliance’s WFD specification, and DLNA.
- Intel WiDi-compatible TV adapter reference design demonstrating interoperability with Intel’s Ultrabook WiDi platform.
- New wireless monitor from Acer with integrated PureVu CNW6611 media SoC, demonstrating wireless display connectivity, as well as DLNA media streaming.
- PureVu-based Actiontec MyWirelessTV wireless HDMI adapters showing multi-room, interactive wireless display applications. Key features include Cavium’s industry-leading super low latency compression, adaptive QoS for robust multi-room operation, and low latency USB and IR back-channel for complete user interactivity.
- Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and NAS acceleration and networking capabilities of the ECONA platform.
- Multi-service, high performance residential gateway demo with media serving, packet processing and acceleration in wired and wireless configurations.
- Cavium’s Hybrid Analog and ISDB-T Set Top Box platform which fully supports PVR functionally on digital and legacy analog broadcasts, running complete middleware with media-player support.
- DVB-C reference platform running Celestial software and applications.
To schedule a meeting with Cavium during CES, contact email@example.com.
Cavium is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 40 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium's corporate office is in San Jose, CA and Cavium has design team locations in California, Massachusetts, China, India and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
For additional information, contact:
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager,
Cavium, 2315 N. First Street,
San Jose CA 95131,
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417
Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual future events or results. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions and current expectations. Our actual results and the timing of events could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements as a result of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include but are not limited to the rate at which our new products are adopted; whether Cavium is successful in marketing its products; rate of new design wins; development of new products and technologies; technological advances; pricing pressures; general economic conditions; manufacturing difficulties; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Cavium’s business are set forth in the “Risk Factors” section of our Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November, 4, 2011. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement, and we assume no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements.
OCTEON®, NITROX®, ECONA™ and PureVu™ are registered trademarks of Cavium, Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © Cavium, Inc. 2012.