Cavium and Leading Partners to Showcase Best-in-Class Product Solutions across Cloud, Data Center and Enterprise at Computex 2015
Cavium to demonstrate its technology leadership and solution deployment based on ThunderX™, OCTEON® III, OCTEON Fusion®, LiquidIO® and XPliant™ product lines
SAN JOSE, Calif., June 1, 2015 – Cavium, Inc., (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking will demonstrate its flagship product offerings for Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center and Enterprise at Computex 2015. Cavium will show live product demonstrations based on ThunderX™, OCTEON® III, OCTEON Fusion®, LiquidIO® and XPliant™ product lines.
Show Highlights and Demonstrations
Cavium executives will be available to discuss the following broad range of solutions, including the company’s most recent announcements. Product demonstrations will be shown in Cavium’s suite 2412 located in the Hyatt Hotel, at Computex in Taipei, Taiwan.
Demonstrations to be shown based on the following Cavium product lines:
ThunderX: 64–bit ARMv8-A based family of workload optimized processors features high performance custom cores, single and dual socket configurations, high memory bandwidth, integrated hardware accelerators for networking, storage, and security as well as low latency Ethernet fabric for scalability. The ThunderX server ecosystem continues to grow rapidly; Cavium partners ASUS, Gigabyte, Pegatron, and Wiwynn will all showcase ThunderX-based server platform demonstrations. The advantages inherent in the ThunderX SoCs allow new workload-optimized design opportunities for these partners.
- Demonstration will include Hadoop cluster, MySQL, OpenStack and NGINX running on ThunderX powered server platforms either in single socket, dual socket or cluster based configuration.
XPliant Ethernet Switches: Targeting the datacenter, enterprise and service provider markets with the ultimate combination of flexibility and throughput, XPliant is designed for top of rack and leaf / spine architectures as well as embedded applications in transport, wireless infrastructure, compute and networking appliances. These highly configurable Ethernet switches with bandwidths up to 3.2 Terabits per second in monolithic silicon support 1G, 10G, 25G, 40G, 50G and 100G interfaces. Demonstrations will include
- XPliant Switch chip running traffic on 32 ports of 100G at 3.2 Tbps.
- XPliant-based 32x100G platforms from Edge-Core, Inventec and LiteON.
OCTEON III Multicore Processors: Complete software compatible product line delivering a full–range of networking and security solutions for Retail/SMB, Enterprise and Wireless Infrastructure. Demonstrations include:
OCTEON Fusion: OCTEON FusionLTE small cell baseband processors for low power, high performance FDD and TDD base stations.
- Multi-gigabit 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO Wave 2 WLAN access point.
- Optimized OpenWRT software running on a fanless router/gateway.
- Various ODM/OEM systems including SMB router/gateway, UTM firewall, 10GE switches, etc.
- COM Express and Qseven modules for industrial control, Mil/Aero applications
- Imagination’s ClearcallTM VoIP application running on OCTEON III (demo at Imagination’s suite).
- Live, over–the–air TD–LTE demonstration of a 64-user enterprise small cell, based on Cavium‘s manufacturable hardware design kit and deployment–proven LTE stack and management software.
- Introduction of FDD LTE stack supporting 15MHz channel operation.
LiquidIO Server Adapters: accelerating SDN and NFV by application offloading Open vSwitch (OVS), DPI, Filtering, bandwidth provisioning and security processing for various cloud and data center workloads.
To schedule a meeting with Cavium, please contact your local sales account manager or Lilly Ly (email@example.com). Please enter Meeting Request at Computex 2015 in the subject line.
- Demonstration of LiquidIO with OVS and IPsec offload at 10 Gbps.
About Cavium, Inc.
Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in enterprise, data center, cloud and wired and wireless service provider applications. Cavium offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium’s processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium’s principal office is in San Jose, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and China. For more information, please visit: http://www.cavium.com.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Telephone: +1 408-943-7417