Fibre Channel Adapters 2690 Series
The QLogic® 2690 Series of Enhanced Gen 5 (16Gb) Fibre Channel (FC) Adapters from Cavium™ is a complete portfolio of single-, dual-, and quad-port adapters, designed for enterprise data centers that require the ultimate in FC performance, power efficiency, reliability, and investment protection for demanding virtualized and private cloud environments. These new Enhanced Gen 5 FC Adapters deliver the industry’s top FC performance with up to 2.6 million IOPS (up to 650K IOPS per port) with optimal load balancing and linear performance scalability per port. The QLogic port-isolation design provides independent data paths for each port, prevents errors and firmware crashes from propagating across all ports, and provides predictable and scalable performance across all ports. The QLogic 2690 Series Adapters support QLogic StorFusion™ technology offering comprehensive port diagnostics, rapid provisioning, and guaranteed performance service level agreements (SLAs) when used in conjunction with Brocade® Gen 5 FC Fabric. QLogic 2690 Series Adapters provide unmatched operational efficiency with up to 75% lower power per port compared to the competition for reduced total cost of ownership (TCO). They also leverage QLogic StarPower™ technology with dynamic and adaptive power management features to optimize power and thermal footprints in the data center.
OverviewThe QLogic 2690 Series Adapters support powerful virtualization features, making this adapter ideal for virtualized environments that need excellent I/O performance to service growing numbers of virtual machines (VMs).
- Industry-leading native FC performance with extremely low CPU usage leveraging full hardware offloads for next-generation, performance-sensitive virtualized workloads
- 16GFC FC per port maximum throughput for high-bandwidth SAN traffic and low latency to maximize all-flash array (AFA) technology
- Higher per port performance than traditional Gen 5 FC with up to 650K IOPS per port (up to 1.3 million IOPS for dual-port and up to 2.6 million IOPS for quad-port)
- Lower operational expenditures (OPEX) with 75% lower power requirements and 75% greater power efficiency
- Improvements in TCO with StorFusion technology, offering streamlined deployment, end-to-end diagnostics, and quality of service (QoS) optimization when used in conjunction with supported Brocade switches
- High-availability port isolation architecture for 100% predictable, deterministic, and scalable performance
- Overlapping protection domains (OPD) to ensure a high level of reliability as data moves to and from the PCI bus and FC network
- FC-NVMe capability for simultaneous access to NVMe™ and FCP Storage on the same port