The Cavium™ FastLinQ® 41000 Series Ethernet Adapters are Cavium's eighth-generation 10G/25G/40G/50GbE Adapter family, which provides exceptional value in delivering industry-leading features and performance to enable the most efficient and agile software-defined data centers (SDDNs). Designed for the most demanding server and network virtualized environments, the 41000 Series Adapters enable Universal RDMA (RoCE and iWARP) as well as NPAR, VXLAN/NVGRE/GENEVE, and SR-IOV to boost server CPU efficiency and maximize application performance.
OverviewThe Cavium™ FastLinQ® 41000 Series Ethernet family includes 25GbE and 10GbE adapters with SFP/SFP28 optical or direct attach copper (DAC) and 10GBASE-T RJ45 connections that support LAN (TCP/IP) traffic at full line-rate speeds and key features for enterprise-class data centers and private/public cloud deployments:
- Scalable networks with 2.5X bandwidth for 25GbE when compared to 10GbE and more than 2X port density when compared to 40GbE
- Optimum server performance with PCI Express® (PCIe®) Gen3 x8 (10GbE/25GbE)
- Low latency and high throughput with Universal RDMA with support for RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), RoCE v2 and Internet wide area RDMA protocol (iWARP)
- Adaptive link controls for seamless zero-touch interoperability with industry wide 10/25/100GbE switches and cables using FastLinQ SmartAN™ technology
- Enhanced CPU efficiency for networking tunneling with stateless offloads for VXLAN, NVGRE, GRE, and GENEVE
- Advanced server virtualization features such as NPAR and SR-IOV
- High-performance network storage with iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER), Non-Volatile Memory Express over Fabric (NVMe-oF), Network File System over RDMA (NFSoRDMA), Server Message Block over RDMA (SMB Direct), Storage Spaces Direct (S2D), and VMware para-virtualized RDMA (pvRDMA)
- Support for UEFI Secure Boot safeguards the FastLinQ NIC and ensures no rogue drivers are being executed on start-up, preventing the injection of malware.
- Simplified deployment, troubleshooting and lifecycle management using the QConvergeConsole® (QCC) GUI, QCC PowerKit, Cavium's QLogic® Control Suite™ (QCS) CLI, QCC vCenter GUI/ESXCLI Plug-ins, and OpenStack integration
- Enhanced management interface with Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP) over PCIe support
- Network boot support for PreBoot Execution Environment (PXE) 2.0, iSCSI remote boot, and UEFI boot